The Five Most Beautiful Golf Courses In Canada Are At Whistler, Pemberton
By Joe Macmillan
If British Columbia is a golfers Paradise, then Whistler golf clubs will get you to where heaven begins. It is a destination known around the world for its spectacular mountains, unsurpassed skiing, limitless outdoor adventures, charming alpine village and now…its golf.
This picturesque valley, surrounded by immense, snow-covered peaks, pristine lakes and glacier-fed streams, is home to five of Canada’s top 100 golf courses. Your Whistler golf vacation will be played on these spectacular courses these gentlemen, Palmer, Nicklaus, Trent Jones Jr., and Robert Cupp have created. Masterpieces in this unequalled setting.
Without a doubt. Canada’s five most beautiful Golf Courses.
- Everyone knows the amazing story of Jack Nicklaus. Apart from his on course accomplishments, his reputation as the worlds best course designer speaks for itself. With over 300 courses built world wide, Nicklaus North at Whistler is a jewel. With snow capped peaks in the distance, clean, clear air to breathe and a setting fit for royalty, Nicklaus North offers forgiving fairways and captivating greens at every turn in this incredible 18 hole layout.
- Whistler Golf and Country Club owes it’s life to The King, Arnold Palmer. Every professional golfer today owes a debt of gratitude to Palmer. His amazing golf game and his ability to raise the financial stakes reflected in million dollar purses, have elevated him to the well deserved title, The King. Incredible views, signature Palmer design and risk/reward fairways and greens. These things aside, it is the friendly attitude that surrounds you, from the cart boy to the starter to the servers at the bar, you’ll quickly notice that Whistler Golf and Country Club is truly different.
- Robert Trent Jones Jr. and Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Club. Is this pairing class, or what? Links Magazine calls it mountain golf at it’s finest. It’s been rated four and a half stars by Golf Digest. Opened in 1993 the championship par 72, 18 hole layout shows Mr. Jones skill as a course designer to be exemplary as he allowed nature to dictate the path without any commercial influences. Creeks, lakes, granite outcrops and huge Douglas firs all come into play. With elevation changes of four hundred feet, and the most magnificent scenery known to man, you’re score will be long forgotten before the memory of this scenic beauty fades from memory.
- Pemberton’s Big Sky Golf and Country Club is awe inspiring. Bob Cupp was chosen to build it. Who is he you may ask. Well, he was senior designer for Jack Nicklaus for fifteen years before setting out on his own. In designing Big Sky, he incorporated an emerald green river, seven lakes and rollicking creeks into one fascinating course. Pemberton Valley will add strokes to your handicap with it’s stupendous backdrop of snow capped mountains. It will be hard for you to stay focused while navigating this beauty.
- Pemberton Valley Golf and Country Club. This semi private course may look like a push over but don’t be fooled. Like Big Sky, it’s tough to keep your mind on the game with the scenery coming into play on every turn, let alone hole. Sixty four hundred yards from the blue’s it is a great challenge. The bent grass greens are beautiful. The locals call the front nine, The Warm Up. The back nine, with it’s narrow fairways and target golf requirement will have you shaking your head as it is tougher than it looks.
Joe and Irma MacMillan have spent many years backpacking, skiing, and simply enjoying life in the mountains of British Columbia. Their website http://whistler-outdoors.com is full of tips on snowboarding, camping, kayaking, rafting, camp cooking and fishing. They met on a blind date in 1957 and are still married. Take a look at their story here http://www.whistler-outdoors.com/about-us.html
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Joe_Macmillan/176680